Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the sad truth

I bought a gym membership this week.
I've been meaning to get one for a while but I've been SUPER lazy this winter. (Last Saturday is evidence of that, when I did not get off the couch all day unless it was to get more food to eat.)Then after our trip to Florida, Daniel saw this picture and said something that I would have been really mad at, had it not been true...


He said, "Wow, we are so fat. We need to lose some weight."


Yes... "WE", not "I"
I was inclined to be really offended at first.. I mean, why in the world would you tell your wife that she needs to lose weight. Jerk.

Really, this picture is pretty awful. Daniel looks fine, but my legs look like munchkin stumps.
And the life jackets don't really help either.

So, I got the hint. Or rather, the stab, and I got to work.

I've had my but kicked three days in a row now, but it really feels good. The best part about the gym is that they have classes. As a dancer and a swimmer growing up, the only way I know how to push myself is to have someone else push me.
My reward this weekend will be a nice massage that I've been waiting to use.

My motivation??
Well, besides being attractive for my snooty little husband (joke), Maui is quickly approaching. And so is summertime. And then there is that family history of high cholesterol and heart problems... but I'm too young to worry about that, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment