Tuesday, January 18, 2011

annoying/embarrassing

Whoever previously owned my car installed a ridiculously sensitive alarm on it. If you open the door using the key (rather than the clicker) the alarm goes off. If you open up the trunk when the car is locked, the alarm goes off. A couple weeks ago, I was shoveling the driveway and I tapped the bumper with the shovel. The alarm went off. when I ran inside to get the key, I slipped in the garage and very nearly did a back flop.

And for some reason, ever since we moved, the alarm seems to be getting even MORE sensitive. Three times now, I've woken up in the morning to the ear-splitting sound of the car alarm....its such a startling way to wake up. As far as I know, nothing sets it off. I look out the window and its just sitting there, screaming. So I learned to park it IN the garage.

Last night it was all wet with rain, so I left it out. This morning it was set off by the rumble of the garbage truck.... niiice.

All the old ladies in the neighborhood must be having a heart attack every time it goes off. If not, then it wakes them up early in the morning and makes them angry. How embarrassing.

I really would love to kill the alarm. After all, its never actually saved the car from any danger.

1 comment:

  1. My sister's Corolla does that! It's obnoxious, I'm sorry lady!

    ReplyDelete