Tuesday, March 30, 2010

one year ago...

I can't believe its been a year since Daniel was in his accident. The other day he came out of the back room, out of breath. He said "I did TWELVE pull ups! Thats one less than I could do before my accident."

A miraculous recovery, yes. But still, every time I think about those few horrible months I almost want to cry...
This was the day after the accident, right after they took the breathing tube out. Luckily, he doesn't remember a thing from that whole first week in the ICU.

This was his 3rd chest tube, draining fluid from his lung about 3 weeks after the accident. He'd lost somewhere around 30 pounds at this point.

if you care to read about his recovery in very great detail you can look here.

otherwise, how about we just forget that all happened, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment