Monday, August 1, 2011

Birthday Creation

Today was Tess' 2nd birthday.
I'll spare you the details about how cute I think she is because we all know how we favor the little ones who are related to us. Also, disclaimer: I am NOT a photographer and I probably never will be, so forgive my not-so-good snapshots of an over-active little toddler with a fairly cheap camera.

The real reason I'm posting is to show you my serious crafting skills...
a princess crown and a princess tutu!

Oh my goodness, I had so much fun with this project! Partly because I had someone specific in mind and I was so excited for her to put it on, but also because it was pretty easy.
after looking through the countless tutorials online, I came up with my favorite combination of techniques and details and even added some of my own.

Now that I think about it, I should have taken some detail shots before I gave it to her... that way you could see the sparkly buttons and the cute trimming. Oh well. You get the idea.

I sure do love this little monkey.

Happy Birthday Tess!!!

On a side note, I guess this is a good chance to announce that this little girl has a new baby sister named Ruby! we call her Ruby Roo. (like how Scooby Doo would say his own name.) I find that quite hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment