Saturday, June 25, 2011

Adventures in Maui

It's been over a month since we got home from Maui and I'm finally sharing some pictures. We had so much fun! I loved showing Daniel around all the places I used to visit with my family. Daniel loved it so much that he wants to move there. (although he said he would have to create some climbing routes somewhere on the island...)

This is the view from our hotel right on the beach. If any of you plan a trip to Maui but don't want to spend a bunch on the hotel, stay here!! It was perfect.


Take-out from the Maui Fish Market.


Daniel on the Scuba boat. The ride to Lanai was about 45 minutes

There was a HUGE school of dolphins that gave us a little show on the way out to Lanai. so cool.

The first hike on the road to Hana through a super dense bamboo forest.

Secret Beach. Probably the most picturesque beach that I have ever seen.

Delicious plate lunch of grilled ono, purple potatoes, and fresh Hawaiian fruit.

This is the little cart where we got the plate lunch, right by Secret Beach.

This is a part of the island that I had never seen before. We took a hike through an old plantation. The views were absolutely breathtaking.

Big Beach. The best place to play in the waves! This was my favorite place growing up, and it was just as wonderful as I remembered it.

We chose this hike because there were TWO bridges we had to cross. I felt so adventurous. This is Daniel using the first bridge as his throne.

Another picture from our mountainous plantation hike.


The trees are so big here!


We LOVED the snorkeling. There were so many awesome places to go.

How beautiful are these flowers?? I want one of these trees in my yard.

A school of fish we saw on the dive. There had to have been thousands of them! I wish the pictures did this sight justice.

SCUBA diving is my most favorite thing ever!

We got to hold this octopus. I even got inked... aMAZing!

We definitely lucked out on our first snorkel trip. Daniel had never seen a sea turtle before.

We dove through these lava tubes that were basically hollowed out mountains just covered in coral and sea life.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment